“One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain…” Bob Marley
- What is your favorite genre of music?
True_George has a vast collection of music that spans through the popular genres of music. However, True_George’s favorite genre is what is called “Dancehall.” I’m not talking about ball room dancing music, or the big band music. Dancehall music is a category of Jamaican music that was developed around the mid 1970’s early 80’s out of competing sound systems that played in a dance hall. True_George has profiled some of the stars at www.truegeorge.com and has been uploading some songs on True_George’s youtube channel at george31531 – YouTube The Jamaican musical content spans from the 1960’s through 1980’s.
- What is your least favorite genre of music?
Can’t say that True_George has a least favorite genre of music. That’s because in each genre there is at least one musical piece that True_George likes, and if True_George haven’t heard any music from a particular genre, odds are that there will be a piece of music from that particular genre that True_George will end up liking.
- What movie has a very memorable soundtrack?
In True_George’s experience, one of the most memorable movie soundtracks was “Saturday Night Fever” and “Grease.” Then there are the ones from the Jamaican movies, “The Harder they fall,” “Rockers” and “Countryman.” Then there are the soundtracks from the James Bond movies; and the soundtrack from the classic film “The sound of Music.”
- What are three songs that gets you excited?
There are so many songs that gets True_George excited. There are no three special songs that do it. Excitement is in the moment, and it doesn’t matter what song it is as long as that song facilitates the excitement.
- What was the last song that you listened to?
At the time I sat down to write this ramble, the last song I listened too was “Soldiers take Over” by the King of Dancehall Yellowman.
I really enjoyed that Yellowman song! Thanks for sharing your music with me, and I agree that Saturday Night Fever had a great soundtrack!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m sure we’ll diverge heavily on this one!
1) My favourite genre is thrash/speed metal or anything really frenetic which winds you up so Megadeth/Helloween etc. But I also love 80s American Rock such as Dokken and Y&T. And another favourite is German Metal but a lot of that is thrash or speed. I hate anything quiet and peaceful.
2) My least favourite music is rap – to me music is more about the instruments, especially electric guitars – I don’t generally care about the singing much…
3) Most memorable film track – I particularly like the Company of Wolves soundtrack but also Clockwork Orange (we all owned that on LPs back in the 70s)
4) I couldn’t just choose 3 tracks which excite me – it depends quite a bit on my mood.
5) the last thing I listened to was ‘My Last Words’ by Megadeth preceded by Black Friday earlier on the same album – totally mad track.
LikeLiked by 2 people