Mindset of Success
What makes people successful in the given field that they have chosen? There are more failures then successes, is it the person’s knowledge or the attitude which is the defining factor? How can Neuro Linguistics Programing ( NLP) fit into all this?
Lets face it, not everybody who studied NLP, hypnosisLinguisticetc is successful, they may know of the programs and exercises, and have no clue as to how to apply them. There are trainers who teach the courses on how to become successful, or how to become rich, and they themselves have not attained any success or wealth. Why should we listen to them?
There are people such as Ross Jeffries, who had obtained success and is sharing his experience and techniques with the world. What he experienced and the tools that he used to get the result he wanted. There are people who subscribe to his courses and then argue that it doesn’t work. These people have yet to experience success in the field, but why argue with a successful person who is teaching you the foundation of what he did to gain the success he experienced.
Can a poor school Teacher teach suggest to their students how to become wealthy? Can a hypnosis instructor who never hypnotized anyone teach someone to become a successful hypnotist? What do you say? I say that the Teacher cannot teach or instruct their students to become wealthy because the Teacher has not attained any wealth. If anything that poor Teacher can introduce the concepts of success, but cannot instruct on how those concepts are applied.
After looking at various books on success and speaking to people who have had some measure of success in their chosen field, it seems that they all tend to work on reprogramming beliefs, attitude, subjective perceptions, the inner self among others. Whatever the chosen field that is used is irrelevant, since there is a written agreement that it doesn’t matter what you do to attain success, it will not happen unless you have the right programming.
When I was young and in school, I was in one of those classes which were created to teach children to get a feel good attitude. Guest Teachers who were either ex-students who had some measure of success or some speaker from the corporate world came in and told students what it took to be successful in their chosen fields. One of the things they talked about was affirmations. They said that if you say what you want to accomplish or your goal, then it will happen. The stuff about affirmations was also in the textbooks and those who taught these workshops on success swore that affirmations were a key ingredient.
coming across NLP, I found out different. I found out that people who do affirmations
are wasting their time because they are actually setting up internal conflicts
that cause them to activate the opposite of what they want to do. When people
look into the mirror and say stuff like “in every day and every way, I am
getting better and better,” a part of the mind comes back and you hear that
internal voice say, “bull shit!” That’s what happens to most people, I know it
happened to me, affirmations never worked for me, it just raises the anxiety.
I’m sure you’ve heard of visualization. We were told to visualize our dreams, goals, and plans or how we want things to be. What usually happens is that most people make a still-frame picture in their heads of the goal being accomplished, like the money in the bank, winning a sports competition, getting the girl/man or passing that exam.
NLP tells us that these are these are the steps to effective visualization:
- Visualize the accomplished goal, or out come
- Make a movie of how you achieved the goal. What steps did you take to achieve your success? Visualize the steps in detail. Visualize yourself doing all the right things to get your outcome, and visualize everything going perfectly.
- Build a contingency plan. Visualize yourself taking all the steps toward your goal and visualize everything going wrong and how you overcame the difficulty
Napoleon Hill says:
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient to merely to say I want plenty of money, be definite about the amount.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. ( there is no such reality as something for nothing)
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire
- Create a definite plan wether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Now write it out, clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read a written statement aloud, twice daily. Read it once in the morning, As you read it, see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
© 2019 All Rights Reserved
Hello True George,
This reminds me of a book that I am reading that I checked out from the library called Can You Learn To Be Lucky?: Why Some People Seem To Win More Often Than Others (https://www.amazon.com/Can-You-Learn-Be-Lucky/dp/1591846862).
Thank you for sharing,
LikeLiked by 1 person